PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - great instrument cross checks!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2007, 08:52
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah mine has the a crosscheck of the approach fix/outer marker which is always verbalised. I think/hope most if not all probably do.

That said we've just changed SOP to take gear and intermediate flap at 1500 aal. Then we are asked to be stable in the landing configuration at 1000 aal. This rather clashes with most approach fixs. Obviously we are not all clones and can exercise airmanship to ensure the check gets done if we're not visual but if you ask me its looking for trouble.

In any case the approach fix check seems all a little bit last gasp as you will probably be only 1200-1500 aal at that point if you have descended at the wrong point then ground seperation would be a tadge tight. Not everyone has EGPWS, we do though. Surely better to have a verbalised check at G/S capture with a requirement to challenge if it isn't made as remoaks outfit do. In this case it would not have prevented the capture but the error would have been much more likely to have been spotted at an early stage.