PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2007, 06:38
waaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil No change at Loganair

Not trying to drag Loganair down at all, just trying to tell it like it may be. Loganair have stood the test of time better than many if not all UK independant operators and have supplied the rest of the industry with a steady stream of highly skilled people who have experience of some fairly harsh operating conditions. In the current climate of rapid expansion everywhere you cant blame people for leaving for a big shiny jet job its just a shame that so many who might have stayed and passed on their experience have gone when small improvements in quality of life issues might have persuaded them to stay, although I believe that may be changing. Nobody makes a fortune in the Highlands and Islands, whether they be company or employee, otherwise there would be a rush of other operators trying to poach off the limited number of passengers available, I hear Ryanair are already threatening to pull off the PIk - LDY routebecause of low pax loads, at least Loganair have stuck with providing a service on these thinner routes. Recent inovations like the Scottish Executive Air Discount Scheme and Loganair's new reduced single fares are steps in the right direction and have to be applauded as the way forward for peripheral areas where air travel is a necessity not a 99p 'here today gone tomorrow' ticket. I only hope that by continually losing so many experienced people Loganair will not find themselves making the same mistakes as have happened in the past, some with fatal consequences, you cant buy that sort of experience.