PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Upper Class
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2007, 15:01
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pleased you enjoyed your experience.
Most Upper Class flights are like this however, over the period of a year (approx one per month) of flying with them, I have been disappointed on a few occassions.
The Virgin experience IS different..I expect it to be more friendly and relaxed than some other carriers however, sometimes the crew need to understand that for £2500-£4000 a pop, they are there for our happiness and contentment and not the orher way round. I know this may sound a bit stuffy but I (and it is "I" because it's my company) don't pay to listen to numerous "happy-clappy" PA's, nor do I want to overhear the shrieks and jokes from the galley about last nights fun and games in the hotel.
When I travel short-haul to Europe, PA's/Briefings are over in 5 minutes. My last flight to Boston had a male Irish cabin manager who just would not stop talking..on and on about routes and the films and Boston. We then had a video of Sir Richard welcoming us aboard, a video about the entertainment system and then,amazingly, a 20 minute fear of flying program made by some of the pilots. An hour later we could watch some films..
Welcome, safety brief 10mins max. Then entertainment, food/drink, pleasant service. Lovely.