PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK Airways Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2007, 13:35
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe that one's personal circumstances should never be considered as the basis for determining an individual's payscale. Everybody deserves to get the same pay for the same job that they do regardless of his/her nationality. If that is not discrimination, then I don't know how else you would describe it. Certainly it's not economics...
Semantics, Expatula! If you had a Souk shop here in DXB or elsewhere in the Gulf employing low paid staff, you would look at the AEDs the same way those guys do otherwise you would be out of business soon after the start. Do I concur with this misery? NO! But I had the learn the ropes too. What is right is one thing and what they they end up doing is a different one.
mustangV8 says that he hopes China and India develop strongly in order to keep inddors their workforce. The problem is that there are many other parts of the world still in the 5th world status or below where the whole economy is a stalemate. It's a sad globalisation at a different scale.