PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inappropriate relationships and drinking within the UAS
Old 9th Feb 2007, 10:32
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad to hear that the UASs have not yet gone completely PC, even though the flying has been trimmed back - much to my amazement and anger.

Its sounds as though the fun detectors are out, however, so always remember Rule 1, 2 and 3 - ie

"Don't Get Caught!"

I also remember the CFS advice about the young lasses ('look but do not touch') - which is still the party line. IIRC this was always cited for professional reasons rather than from an older man/young girl (or vice-versa)perspective.

While there were many attractive young ladies at my UAS, I could only just afford to keep Mrs Flipster, so adding to my stable (so to speak) was never an option and, frankly, it was never seriuosly considered.

Thankfully, we enjoyed a totally professional relationship with our studes and treated them as adults rather than 'kids' or 'bits of totty' as did most QFIs on almost every UASs. We laughed and sang, bought eachother beer, occasionally 'got piddled' and got into high spirits. We played sports together, told tales of daring-do and bantered merrily, while the QFIs occasionally taught the rudiments of up-down-left-right and, even more occasionally, good manners and RAF ettiquette.

It was a priviledge to help any stude get their feet on the bottom rungs of aviation ladder and most of 'my' trainee pilots and officers have now far surpassed my modest acheivements. I suspect that they did well in spite of my efforts rather than because of them. Certainly, I am more enriched by contact with my studes than the other way around.

Long live the UASs and as for the fun police - kindly 'foxtrot oscar' and crawl back under the stone from whence you came.

(But please bring back more flying)!!