PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sa Atc- Acc Jhb - Staffing
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2007, 07:57
BlueSkye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mass resignations from those who are in a position to do so. What about those left behind? They have no bargaining power whatsoever and unless they do something about it they will never have. Sometimes things need to be said to shake people out of there little cocoon of complacency. I expect nothing less than a lot of flak over my comments. That is the whole idea.

The ACC pool in JS has lost 5 people in one year. ATNS will never do anything 'cause there is no impact on the airlines. The airlines don't complain because the service is provided. Only when services to the airlines are interrupted will ATNS do something. ATCs aren't in a position to interrupt the service because this constitutes industrial action and is unlawful under the current stipulations. These stipulations need to be changed and only GATCSA and Solidarity can. The members need to make GATCSA aware of their desire to have this changed. Are they? I think not. And that is my whole argument, get onto the blower to GATCSA, write letters, send e-mails, hell I'll give you the number for a guy who rents out pigeons if that floats your boat. Just don't sit on your behind and complain about the unfair hand you are being dealt without at least trying something, anything, to better your own situation.

BOK2GO, if you are one of those who are actually doing something constructive then my comments are not aimed at you. It is aimed at those who sit in the restroom and talk about how crappy the place is, then leave the restroom and turn back into "Ja baas, goed baas, dankie vir my job baas."(Yes boss, ok boss, thanks for my job boss.) Doesn't have the same effect in English.

Last edited by BlueSkye; 9th Feb 2007 at 08:19. Reason: Lost in translation