PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue on Blue.
Thread: Blue on Blue.
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2007, 06:24
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
US Herk, nicely crafted reply. Points taken. However, it has been widely reported here that the video of the HUD was shown at the BoI 3 years ago. I am sorry but in my mind at least, if Mrs Hull was told , categorically, that no video was in existence, then she was lied to. I have no reason to disbelieve Mrs Hull, she comes over as a remarkable person. And for those who find the issue of lying unimportant, then please turn away. How can you explain the way this video turned up at the coroner's office last week? Did the US DoD send it? I hardly think so. The suspicion of cover-up is not helped by the conclusion of the US inquiry that stated that all normal procedures had been followed by the pilots. Even as a former non-CAS platform flyer myself, I find that hard to believe. For one, we have a dead soldier and 4 wounded as a result. You have done us a favour by carefully explaining the US system but I remain convinced that Mrs Hull has beed treated in an unforgivable way. And I believe that a better way has to be found of conducting these inquests where there is a clash of systems and cultures.