PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair: approach incidents in the news
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2007, 04:07
theamrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beernice - thanks for the insight from your perspective - especially concerning CDA - I can definitely empathise about that. While I personally wouldn't mind encouragement towards CDA being used wherever feasible/planned for (wrt what you say about lack of ATIS,etc, at some airfields) and at the discretion of the crew - I agree that the pressure you describe concerning CDA's is at the least undue and NOT conducive to a safe operating philosophy.
As far as the duty time is concerned, as intimated by you and many others for a long time - they (RA) are sticking to the regs - can you honestly see any change to that situation without external pressure (regualtory) or, obviously we hope NOT, incidents becoming an accident? We already had one 'shock and horror' documentary about RA - from what I sense, it had zero practical impact on RA or the public's urge to fly with RA.

captainpaddy:
Bristol runways 'issue'. - As ONE example only.
1. Pilots (and others) discuss on this forum.
2. Reporters turn up looking for the 'truth'.
3. Media, for the most part, ignore 'enlightenment' which was sought here.
4. Certain 'managerial' level person continues to bull'''', "runway is safe", etc. Pretty much unchallenged.
5. Much of the public left totally confused, others probably thinking that certain operators are whinging about nothing.
Q.E.D. IMHO.
In an ideal world, I would probably agree with you. But then, RA management/MOL wouldn't behave the way they do, RA pilots would have nothing to complain about, there would be no 'incidents' and this thread wouldn't exist.

As for stating my opinion here:
No, no, there's no need to thank me. i insist.
..........whatever.