PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Body found in landing gear bay on BA B744 @ LAX
Old 8th Feb 2007, 17:54
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
llondel- that's not funny. if you ordered the Gurkhas to do that, they would just say 'Yessir!' and do it. One of the greatest and mistreated assets of our country. To show I am not just critical, but realistic, I have put my thinking hat on, and the only possible solution I can think is:
<Gear doors that close-off the bay completely when the gear is down>
......apart from beefing up security which is the only realistic answer. Inflatable settees placed in the bay are a recipe for disaster. I would not have one innocent killed by badly operating mechanical deterrents for the sake of these fools. The added expense of this design will be considerable, and they will presumably learn the engineers technique for opening the doors for inspection anyway. As long as we are willing to pay it (I'm not), that's what has to be done (I don't really believe that). For instance, why should we all pay to string a gimongous net under the Golden Gate Bridge? Other ways will be found, so we might as well make life easy (or death, if you get my meaning).
I have no great respect for these people who do this. they are not 'escaping'. They are trying to be financial refugees wanting the bright lights and golden pavements. In doing so they are placing others at risk.