PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAK Airways Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2007, 15:39
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As to why RAK specifically prefer to hire an Indian or Filipino 757 jock, I have absolutely no idea.
I do! FYI and in case you don't know, all Gulf government ministries and agencies and most of the private companies here look at the cost of living where the employee is recruited from and have salary scales accordingly. These guys are called the TCNs (3rd World Nationals). Many call it differently but the basis is the same everywhere.
The reasoning behind it was the fact that a 100USD monthly saving has different value in the individual's different countries. For instance, a Sri Lankan saving 100USD is of a greater value than an Australian saving the same amount because of the differences in the cost of living in the respective countries.
I know for a fact that GAMCO used to have it when it was created and I believe it still has it in place. I know of NO differentiation in the flight crew sections.
I am quite sure many PPRuNers have more info that could be shared here. This is a fact of life here. Do I agree with it? On the face value NO! But I understood its creativity and rationale. Expatula, keep discovering the local disconforts of life...