PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Director Flight Ops: "Young pilots don't want pensions or medical care"
Old 8th Feb 2007, 15:00
act700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tryhard,

"...It is rather insulting to say that because a pilot is 23 (or younger) that they are not mature enough to see the benefit of a medical plan!"

It may be insulting, but tell me one young gun out of flight school, who honestly gives a $hit about anything other than SJS (shiny jet syndrome).

That's why there are regional airlines; no, better, that's why regional airlines CAN exist.

When I was that young, I was chasing the dream too. I'd be lying if I made my job selections based on who had the best retirement scheme!

But one thing I didn't do, is step on anyones feet, or bypass anyone with pay for training, or any immoral crap like that.

Now that I'm wiser (a lot less hair on top, must mean I'm wiser!) my priorities have changed.

And so, if Cathay offer me a job based on me paying my way through their training, I will not take it.

I quit paying for flight training when I got my ATP ride.

But I agree with Titan, don't read too much into that article. Unless of course you people want to get yourselves riled up, to have something to biatch about...