PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 3
Thread: CARDIFF - 3
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2007, 13:24
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When have the WAG or before that the councils ever done anything properly. If a link from the M4 to the airport is every built I will eat (my soon to be redundant) BA hat.

The plan for a link and a park and ride is a very good one. But it just won't happen. It never does. The St Athan development will be forgotten by next month and the locals will block everything and anything. There is not the will for the fight. The environmental folk will descend on Cardiff Bay and no one will want their "green credentials" tested.

They will do a little bit of cosmetic surgery on 5 mile lane. They will spruce up the A48 (not enough to anoy the good folk of St Nicholas) and not do anything about Culverhouse Cross. But the whole thing will be trumpeted as the greatest development South Wales has ever seen and the problems will remain the same.

If it doesn't happen this time (and it won't) it never will and CWL will slip further behind the rest. Sorry to be so negative. I just have no faith in Rhodri and his chums doing the right thing.