PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad
Thread: Etihad
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2007, 11:21
CJ30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reasons for games and swimming

Having read the thread on this subject i would like to add a few points!! just as a guide to those that attend interviews and i would like to believe i have a little experience in this area as i have previously worked for Emirates for 6 years and etihad for 2.5years as a cabin manager and an SEP trainer.

Firstly interviews.... etihad is still a reasonably new airline and with all the recruitment campaigns they do, it is inevitable that sometimes they will be disorganised, Emirates on the otherhand have been doing this for nearly 20 years so you would expect them to get it right at this stage in the game.

it is unusual for so many people to turn up for an interview as normally usually half the applicants dont turn up... and if people were tired and grumpy on the day because they were waiting around on their feet then maybe you should look again at this being a career for you as when you fly as crew your days will be long and you will constantly be on your feet!!!!!

As for the swimming issue!!!! please ladies and gents i dont want to offend but please try and think why you are asked for skills such as these... in an emergency situation if you crash land into water then swimming will save not only your life but also those around you...so yes it is important!!!

As for the games they play the lip gloss, mobile, water etc again you are being asked to think outside the box... this is about putting yourself in a situation whereby again in an emergency situation you will be forced to make decisions quickly that may involve your own and others survival. If you look at all the objects what is the one thing you cant survive without, im hoping that you are thinking about the bottle of water as this is what they are looking for!!!

Again this message is not to offend but i get the feeling that people are not thinking things through when they apply for the job as crew. It is an amazing job where you will see the world meet amazing people but dont ever forget that your main responsiblity is one of safety and security where all eyes are on you when an emergency arises!!!! so think about these issues before you go to your interviews as they will help you with many of the games and exercises that you are often asked to perform.

Good luck to all of you out there with interviews coming up and remember if you are sent a dress code or a list of instructions then please follow them as this is also part of the assesment process.