PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air B200
Thread: King Air B200
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2007, 09:12
julest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up B200

We have been operating the B200 at Bristol (www.b-f-c.co.uk) for almost 5 years. Great aeroplane, built like a brick s***house and relatively easy to fly/operate. Training is straight forward and to convert from s/e turbine should be a no brainer. Ground school is upto a week and flight training over a few days depending on the students previous experience. Usually 10 hours is required but those with jet/turbine experience can often get a dispensation from the CAA reducing time required. Flying single crew however can be demmanding and not for the low houred pilot.

Interesting video clip posted by his dudeness. I had a screen go on me at FL270 - and when it goes its like a gun going off in the cabin. Fortunately for me it caused no problems (except you cannot see through the screen). The windscreen is very thick, two layers of glass and a laminate, even with one layer gone the a/c should remain pressuised although the POH recommends a descent to below FL250 and max cabin differetial. At the level the American B200 was at the autopilot should have been engaged so it would be interesting to know why the cabin lost pressure and why the a/c went into freefall. Even at that level there should have been time to put on their O2 masks. Well done the pilots for getting it down in one piece.