PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue on Blue.
Thread: Blue on Blue.
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2007, 09:02
UnderPowered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfair

Nige,

Knowing your experience as a CAS pilot, I think its unfair to use the word "RECKLESS".

The boys made an honest mistake, like I have, like you must have during your FJ trg, and like every pilot does. They were not trying to commit a blue on blue. Their mental model was skewed and they may have made the scenario fit their own mental model, but this is in the realms of human psychology. If you were to ask Jon Chappelow, I'm betting he would say that the human mind has a propensity for making these kind of mistakes.

Its very, very sad that this has happened, but I relly don't think its right to use the word "RECKLESS"; rather we should use the word "HUMAN FACTORS", exacerbated by incomplete information. I don't like the word "RECKLESS" in a similar way that we don't like the accusation that the two Mull of Kintyre Chinook pilots were "NEGLIGENT".

I've done thousands of hours of CAS and I think that, until we have a 100% solution of perhaps the Blue Force Tracker type, then it'll happen again.

Cheers, and good luck to all our people out there.