PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New career - becoming part of the aviation industry
Old 8th Feb 2007, 01:45
Nil Flaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New career - becoming part of the aviation industry

Hello,

I am hoping to move to Perth in the near future (once the house is sold), and I'm interested in taking up a career in aviation.

I am currently undertaking flying training (SPL, hold medical Class 2 and current ASIC) and have been well and truly bitten by the flying bug. I don't necessarily want to become a commercial pilot but I would relish being a part of the aviation scene in one form or another.

Can anyone tell me what might be a good way of getting my foot in the door within the aviation industry and what kind of opportunities are available for someone with no aviation employment experience though is very willing to learn?

I have been trawling the recruitment websites (Seek/MyCareer) and also the Jandakot & Qantas sites (i.e. Perth Airport) to see what sort of work I could consider getting into but I am hoping people here might be able to supply me with more ideas, rather than relying on the small portion of aviation opportunities currently available which are being advertised by recruitment agencies at present.

I don't expect anyone to provide a huge list and precise details of all the work that I could consider within the field of aviation but maybe some Ppruners out there have an aviation job that they could quickly summarise and tell me what their work entails?

Thanks in advance.

NF.

Last edited by Nil Flaps; 8th Feb 2007 at 01:59.