PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2007, 09:49
helico2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting thoughts!

I left Nigeria(Bristow) not too long ago (3months) and after being there for nearly the past 4 years 3 in Eket(212) 1 in PH(Ec155). Anyone who's worked in Africa knows it is not your average 1st world class environment and lots of its countries can be rated well below 3rd world class! That is common knowledge even if you never toured Africa. Places like Nigeria are tolerable as long as the money and rotation are right or OK. However times change and living and working conditions have worsened drastically in the past 12 months in Nigeria particularly in the Delta region. I agree with you Rotor Driver it is up to the individual to change is life cause the environment is there and most of times you cannot change that. If one is not happy have the courage and the guts to move somewhere else even if it costs loosing a good paid job. Experienced pilots will always find a living somewhere else unless one is a real ... or ! Although I found out that a lot of guys are very reluctant to change and tend to accept some degradation in their living and working conditions just to keep the job (they know well) and to avoid being exposed to a new environment. This explains to me the reason most guys stay in nigeria. As for me I had the guts to leave and I feel very happy where I am now.