PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2007, 05:45
Rotor Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarify

I am not in the slightest confused and I am well qualified...about 3500 hours of 412 time but only 300-400 of S76. I have been offered a position there twice in the last 18 months. The first time I applied, the 2nd time they called me. I declined both offers as unacceptable for both the salary and the rotation considering the political situation and living conditions. I would like to work on the African continent at least once. I am entering the twilight of my career and that is one place that I have never been. I have been to the North Pole and worked in Antarctica and many, many places in between, but I have never even been on the continent of Africa except for 3 days in Cairo which hardly counts.
I actually had a chance long ago...could have gone there from Iran with Bristow (Iranian Helicopters for those that were there!) but I choose to return to the US. Didn't stay in the US long, but never went back to Bristow...
I did speak to Joe Balint a little while ago (for those who new him)...he sounds good.
So to say that IF I have been offered a position I would have taken it, why would I do that if the pay and conditions were less then I was willing to work for? You yourself say that you have left and will probably not return for the very same reasons that I am not willing to go. So what is it that I dont understand?

The political situation sucks, the pay and benefits suck, the living conditions suck and the security sucks...so why would anyone go and why would those that can leave, stay?