PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC holdpool (ATPers)
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2007, 18:59
Honeycomb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many are being trained at the moment?

Kerropi,
Perhaps you'll have to wait 3 months or more before you get a TR, after you've finished your aqc. But perhaps 3 months is even a good estimate? But one can never be too sure, perhaps things will change in the spring time. The best thing for you is probably to monitor this thread closely and try to make a qualified guess as to how long you'll have to wait.

But I can tell you a story about a friend of mine. He came to phase 3 on a friday in March last year, did the aqc the following tuesday and started the TR one week after the course was finished. I don't think this'll happen this year, since the hold pool needs to be emptied first. Like me for example, I finished in december, I'm number 36 or something, I think I'll be on a TR in May-June the earliest...that's my estimate, but obviously I can't know. And if you would end up on the TR course behind me, you wouldn't have waited as long as I had???

I don't know how many atp-ers are being trained at the moment, does anyone else have a clue? I have a feeling the hold pool isn't being filled up very quickly at the moment, or am I wrong?

As for the aqc: Be well prepared, review the basic IFR-rules, read a few Jeppesen-plates and be prepared to work hard and you'll be fine!

Good luck!

HC