PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zurich transfer
Thread: Zurich transfer
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2007, 17:44
spanishflea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get some jogging practice in?

Seriously though, as ever with aviation these days there are never any guarentees, and when it comes to timekeeping on connecting flights you automatically reduce your chances of keeping to schedule.

However 40% is not "always" as I said in my first post, theres still more chance you'll make the connection perfectly fine, and most people still do.

Your one potential saving grace is that MAN-MOW fares have typically been about £100 less on Swiss than any other airline, so hopefully there will be a few other connecting passengers. If just one of them has Star Gold status, or there is anyone coming from somewhere like LCY or EDI with status and is similarly delayed, it is likely that the connection will be protected. On a typically higher yielding route like Moscow those chances are also much increased.

I'm pretty sure theres usually a 2nd DME flight from ZRH anyway is there not? If not, one possible option would be to pay the change fee and fly out on the evening flight the night before and overnight in Zurich. If the trip is important, and especially if you risk losing a non-refundable Moscow hotel room, then £100 or so for a night in Zurich is well worth it.