PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2007, 14:20
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ork-man

I agree with providence, I would have expected the service to go daily as well, as the fares were not that cheap and seemed to be selling OK. Fares seemed to be in line(or higher) than LHR for most days.

It is also somewhat strange the the exact OPPOSITE days(apart from Sat) will now be servced as was proposed. There was mention before of "slack" in the EI timetable, so maybe if they juggle things round a bit, it would fit. I remember talking to an F/A shortly after the announcement was made and she said "we expected to get it"

It is strange that EI would not serve Sundays and Fridays, the two biggest days for UK-ORK travel. Has anybody seen what WW charge most sundays to MAN? Usually 100EUR including tax, unless there is an offer on, its about 30-50. Thats ONE-WAY!
Let us also remember that in the late 90s there EI had multiple daily services to MAN,and BHX, along with 5x daily to LHR, and there waere also other regional UK airports served with F50/146. There was also BA to LGW, MAN and GLA.

In previous years links to the UK were far more frequent than they are now.