PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wireless routers
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2007, 12:23
Cornish Jack

Received 199 Likes on 127 Posts
Latest update!!
I foolishly thought that the successful installation of the router would solve my problems with AOL. Should have known better. You may recall that the router and a revised, cheaper package was proposed by AOL and I accepted .... for two days, all was well ... then ......... AOL cancelled my contract!!! Yep, THEY cancelled it, after sending me the router and allowing installation. WTF is going on??? I phoned their "help" line to have an incomprehensible conversation with one of their Eastern reps, who agreed that the router had been sent and, yes, the contract had been cancelled. He didn't know why and didn't seem to feel that it was at all unusual.
I left the matter for a few days to see if there would be any change and phoned them again today. The broadband has been cleared and "did I want my contract cancelled?" I did, of course and will be looking for another, hopefully competent, ISP. Does such an animal exist?? Any recommendations, anyone?? I note the thread on Tiscali competence and am considering (say it softly) BT. I suspect that most of us will have our horror stories but surely someone out there must be able to provide a relatively reliable service???
TIA
PS What do I do about the router?