PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TCAS safety deficiency and the AIPA, AFAP and GAPAN
Old 6th Feb 2007, 07:08
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tobzalp does that include Tiger Moths operating out of bumfeck Taswegia?

What about croppies at Wee Waa?

Sea Planes in the GBR marine park and Canadian wilderness?

Helicopers on trawlers?

Twin Otters, Islanders and cessna singles in the jungles of PNG, Africa and South America?

What about a privately owned Cessna 172 or Cherokee 180 that operates 99% of it's life in G airspace below 5000' miles from anywhere that has a Hicap RPT service...Iron Range for instance?

My Bonanza, which occassionally operates in Class C under an airways clearance and on a full flight plan has ADF,VOR,DME,GPS,Mode C and two transceivers...and now you're telling me I shold fit, at my own expence, equipment that costs somewhere close to 50-70% of the value of the actual aircraft so AsA can save millions...and for what again?

The airliners and ATC can already see me and talk to me... I don't exist to benefit the CEO of AsAs bank balance.

I think ADSB is great technology...it can save AsA huge money over many, many years while providing tangible safety benefits....but I'll be fecked if I am going to subsidise this Govt anymore than I do already.