PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot survey - your input appreciated
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2007, 06:02
formulav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proposed Pilot Shortage

Steve777,
Is this a for real study or are you going where I think you are going?. I am concerned for the lot of us who WILL NOT AND SHOULD NOT pay to get a flyiny job. Anybody who does does more damage than good by prostituting or trade. never pay to relocate, never pay for training, never pay for anything YOU SHOULD BE GETTING PAID TO DO!!!!! I almost lost my first flying job by "doing something for nothing" for flight time. Do us all a favor. I do not know of any profession where this practice is acceptable. Having flown for a living since 1991 and having spent the last 11 years flying heavy jets, I can assure the new guys that there is no need for this way of thinking. Of course I bled every living relative dry and the federal government dry borrowing money for flight school/university and spent 10 years paying it back. If you can waste your/other peoples money to dimish your own earning power, feel free to do so at the expense of the entire pilot population. Steve777 this was not directed at you, your blurb was at the end of the page that all these new pilots are reading and writing to. I just wanted for them to hear this. Thanks.