PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 23:12
Rotor Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who to blame?

I see lots of posts complaining about the situation in Nigeria. I have made a couple myself, even though I have never been there. I was offered a position there on a few different occasions, but have choosen not to accept. But when you get right down to it, the only person that can be blamed for the situation that the individual finds himself in, is that individual. There are lots of pilot positions available elsewhere! As long as the revenue flows, the company will resists any change. That is just the nature of the business. If you are there, and you are working, you are part of the problem!

Just look back over the last 10 years and see if you can find an incident where the company that you work for improved your work or after work situation of its own accord. Without any outside pressure to do so....didn't happen, and its not going to happen now.

Go on break back to your home country and get sick until the situation improves. Trust me when the money starts slowing to a trickle, the conditions will improve.