PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - great instrument cross checks!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 21:44
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Ashling

Not a bully by any means. Just someone who has seen a lot and is sick and tired of do-gooders trying to see the best in situations/people and downgrading the serious nature of some occurences.

Dear heart, if the crew had not breached the minimum glideslope intercept altitude without first verifying the integrity of the glideslope, by the designated means, we would not be having this discussion. That they did, is not a small oversight that could happen to anyone. It is a fudemental and deliberate breach of a requirement, just as breaching an MDA/DA. There but for the grace etc only applys to other crews who equally disregard required procedures.

By your reasoning driving through a red light or a compulsory stop sign is equally a small oversight, and never a deliberate act.(by the way I recommend license suspension for that one too)

Don't get me wrong, I commend the crew for detecting and acting on their stuff up, but that indeed is what it was, a stuff up either by ommission or commission.
When are we going to get away from patting people on the back for fixing up their own creations.

Politically incorrect? Too old to care!

Maui