PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EAST MIDLANDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 19:54
BYALPHAINDIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been waiting over 7 years for them to 'Return' a suitable viewing terrace to it's loyal 'old' regular visitors, and the thousands of passers - by who filled the Terminal every weekend of the year calling at EMA, To spend their money as a stop off from the M1.

The terrace seemed to be 'removed' overnight with no consultation, or other facilities provided whatsoever.

I am surprised Airtrans is still trading, after the lost business from the enthusiasts & passers - by alike?

That shop was always full even on weekdays popular with a range of people.

The last time I went to EMA was about 4 years ago to the Airfair, We didn't see one aircraft during the time we were there as there is nowhere to view from the terminal? The Airfair was as good as it always was, But It was not the same without a 'Panoramic' viewing terrace.

I have not visited since, As it is a waste of a carpark ticket, And obviously nowhere to view. I am 1 of many who has said this.

If you have no transport you cannot go to the viewing area by the Aeropark, And thus a pointless outing.

So, what is the future for any kind of terminal viewing facilities at NEMA?

Their owners the MAG group must be aware of how much revenue the Terminal area, Shops, Bars, etc have lost, And the Airport itself with all the carpark fees paid by the thousands of passer - bys?

If NEMA would have 'Persevered' with the then viewing terrace arrangements, I think that it would have paid for itself with what I have already stated above?

But they decided to use the terrace for a departure lounge, Which most people only spend 15 minutes in the end anyway?

Ive had many happy days at the then EMA, But this has being taken away by so called = 'progress'

I have wrote to the Airport about this, But like most companies I have yet to receive a reply? and that was 4 years ago!!

Its beyond me........

RIP NEMA VIEWING TERRACE.