PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - great instrument cross checks!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 16:19
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui I may have called it a basic error but were did I call it a minor one ?

I have tried to look at the reasons behind their error by suggesting conditioning, capacity overload, poor prioritisation and fixation as contributing factors. I think those are fair things to look at and are all mentioned in the report.

Looking for reasons does not mean I absolve the crew from their professonal resposibility. They made a serious of potential fatal errors from capture onwards but they at least dug themselves out of it, albeit late on, and did the correct things to sort it from then on.

The written report records the high degree of professonalism the crew displayed and the incident is all the more significant because of the crews professonalism. This was not a gash crew throwing caution to the wind. If it could happen to them it could happen to any of us so best to try to understand how and why they got it wrong. Surely that is the purpose of the videos.

I would urge all to take the time to read the report, ratherbeflying has given us a link to it in an earlier post.

Yes Maui I do have an ego, I rather suspect you do too. Your last sentence is one that tends to be used by a bully, thats the impression you give me of yourself.