PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 10:45
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmibaby

I have been reading all the comments about the whole idea of EZY or anyone else for that matter buying WW. Ok, if it happened they would be have to inherit some old 737s and merge a different work culture of some sorts into EZY, but this they have done before with Go.

EZY would not worry at all about the aircraft, as they could convert to 319s in no time at all.

The bases in some cases may conflict with local EZY ones. Eg BRS v CWL, LPL v MAN , BHX v EMA etc. However, for eg Manchester and Liverpool can provide enough Business and leisure travellers for each airports business even for 1 airline, in a nut shell what I mean is that neighbouring bases would not threaten each other. Luton has many duplicate services from LTN & STN with EZY and there is no problem.

As regards flying Irish routes from the UK if they took over WW, i cant see FR challenging them on existing routes. When EZY arrived at STN FR didnt launch the same routes for the most part. The two airlines dont actually serve many exact same airport pairs except a few from STN and a few elsewhere. They did react on LGW routes to NOC ORK & SNN but that was new business. What does anyone else think ?

It's an interesting thought that was posted about AB being the likely buyer( assumiong that there is a buyer) . Although there is no facts on the idea of Bmibaby being sold alot of people that are on here and alot of ppl I have spoken to especially at bmi think that bmibay is not being viewed as core to the new strategy.

We will wait & see.