PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2007, 06:56
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would agree with all that Gaunty...as someone who learned in Cessnas back when they still built them new, and who never sat in a Traumahawk until flying instructors course, I fall into the category of pilots who think the little Traumahawk is a much better trainer, overall, than Cessna's baby.

I still reserve the right to take the piss though

Interestingly it was a Cessna 150 aerobat that nearly killed me when it wouldn't recover from a spin...any aeroplane can bight...recovery was well below 500'

CFI it was during 'mutual'...we took turns holding it in a spin while the other watched out the back...I think the T tail waggles a lot more than anything else I have spun...spinning it beyond 4 or 5 turns was a hoot too..spin flattened out quite noticeably.

Yes Trudy was just 'living in sin' with Mr Robins in those days ...a marvellous instructor and a lovely person.

Her version of 'light matches under your nose' (as in Fate is the Hunter) would be called sexual harrassment these days

Any lady who calls her company T.W.A.T (Trudy White Air Transport) just has to be my kinda person

TRAT just don't have the same ring to it.