PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2007, 23:35
TelBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ww/W A word of caution with the CAA. It seems that if you do their colour vision tests and fail then they will not retest you. Get a full idea from the City Uni to see if you will pass now or maybe the long awaited new test, or even in Holland or Germany, you don't want to burn bridges with the CAA just yet.

I know what you mean with the FAA route. I have failed the CAA tests, albeit about 14 years ago now and before the JAA, so I might have a fight with them to get a retest, BUT I have a SODA waiver for the good old FAA

I don't know about your personal circumstances or nationality, but if you are not a US citizen, you might be able to get a J1 visa to do a CPL with Instructor rating and then work there for a while after instructing to gain experience. I feel that you would be OK with a SODA for that - but then comes the real world . Just remember to learn to fly in the USA now you need a student visa and security clearance.

I do not know if you can do the signal test outside the USA - I did mine while I was dooing my PPL there.

As for writing a letter to the CAA I think all they will say is that they are looking into new tests and to be fair to them they are.

I know it seems a never ending battle, but don't give up on your dreams. I am in the same situation - did my PPL and it seemed there was no hope, so did not keep flying. Now I am 43 with CVD and intend to start all again - I WILL do my CPL, FAA if need be and take it from there. I don't know where the money is going to come from etc, but always look to the sky when I hear a plane overhead - it's just got to be done.

Any rich person want to sponsor me - well its got to be tried!!

Good luck and keep the dream.