PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - great instrument cross checks!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2007, 21:57
maui

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Gentlemen

Un f*^#ing believable. How to make a simple job hard in one easy lesson.

In the past 40 years of flying I do not recall ever hearing of or having a discussion about QNE.

QFE is used as a reference in a very small percentage of the flying world.

QNH is the norm, and it makes the whole dist alt question one of basic primary school arithmetic. (QFE no harder but awareness needs to be a bit greater.)

Pray tell what is difficult about 13 x 300+ 750 (GOTAB)

If your limited brain power cannot work that one out whilst simultaneously trying to chew gum, go away and find a more suitable line of work.

Ashling. You refer to this as a basic (minor) error /incident. I suggest to you you take the circumstances to lightly. In another very similar scenario 300 odd Koreans failed to come home. There are doubtless several other incidents that have come perilously close, in similar circumstances.

To come below the minimum glideslope intercept altitude without a verified/xchecked glideslope is as criminal as busting a minimum descent altitude or passing a minimum decision altitude in less than minimum conditions without making that decision.

Do you get my drift. It is a minimum and is no less inviolable than any other minimum.

And sunshine if you do it while I am checking you, you will be travelling somewhere behind row 1 on the way home, I couldn't give a **** about your ego.

minimumly yours

maui

Last edited by maui; 5th Feb 2007 at 01:00.