PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are there any good ISPs?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2000, 12:19
beaver eager

Unhappy

I've been on lineone for about a year and always had a good service paying only for the 'phone calls. No serious problems with connection, or anything else for that matter (although the help line is expensive at 50p per minute)! They've got a new deal now for which I'm registered and waiting. You pay a one off fee of £20.00 for a plug-in gadget that routes your national and international phone calls (not local calls as they're cheaper with BT) automatically through their network and as long as you spend £5.00 a month on calls with them, all your internet calls both peak and off-peak, will be free. It remains to be seen whether the service will deteriorate, though it's probably worth a try for £20.00.
I'll only have one 'gadget' and make only certain types of calls via that 'phone socket (the rest of your sockets will be as normal - you'd need a gadget for each socket) keeping my eye on the bill (which will be available real-time on-line) until I'm sure that these call are really not any kind of rip off.
Apparently they reserve the right to cut you off after 15 mins of inactivity or 2 hours total (but you can re-dial) which I think is not unreasonable for a free service and anyway I'm not that big a nerd! Yet.
Details on www.lineone.net

------------------
Keep it up!

[This message has been edited by beaver eager (edited 06 July 2000).]