PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tristar Trouble....Again...
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2007, 20:29
Xavier Onassis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents,

Last year I was lucky enough to act as the Det Exec at RF06, and was hugely impressed by the sheer hard work that the FJ crews put in, working very long hours under incredible pressure. I think a witch-hunt to identify either a sqn or individual helps no-one.

I have sat and waited for the AT home many times in my previous life as a rotorhead (there goes the last vestige of my anonimity!). And, as a member of 216 Sqn, how many times do you think that I have been delayed whilst down route! I would not be so crass as to compare my frustration to that of a marine counting down his precious days of R&R from Helmand, and I would suggest that those currently in harms way might have difficulty summoning up too much sympathy for those extended for an extra few days in Vegas.

Please let's put this thread to bed, as another ill informed Pprune storm in a tea-cup, and get back to the traditional pursuits of arguing that "the branch of the armed forces I serve in is better than the branch of the armed forces that you serve in!"

BornToFlyFaster - I look forward to hearing from you.