PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tristar Trouble....Again...
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2007, 18:49
Xavier Onassis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am the 216 Sqn Duty Exec.

For those of you that are interested in the facts, the aircraft did dispatch with a very minor fuel gauge problem.

HOWEVER, once at Nellis, a pipe in the transfer gallery ruptured whilst the aircraft was being refuelled. Approx 100 US gallons of fuel leaked into the hydraulic service centre. The leak onto the pan was severe enough that the US fire service quarantined the aircraft for 48hrs, leaving the ground engineers to clear the fuel within the aircraft whilst wearing breathing apparatus and IPE.

No TriStar crew member has reported sick.

Continuing with the fault was obviously a non-starter (Leak cannot be effectively isolated. The hydraulic service centre contains many sources of ignition - not a good place to have fuel sloshing about). Spares have been sourced and sent.

Born to Fly Faster. - I repeat D-IFF's offer of a written explanation from myself or from OC 216 Sqn. But after a monstrously ill informed and cynical post, I doubt that you will have the balls to step out from the anonimity that this forum affords you. If you are willing to back up your initial post, then please PM me. It saddens me to see comments such as yours from a colleague within the Service.