PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GSM - 4-Year Solo Passenger Survey
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2007, 12:52
Hombre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GSM - 4-Year Solo Passenger Survey

Dear Guys,

For the last 4 years I have been commuting between Malaga and Edinburgh, twice per month, on Flyglobespan's excellent route. It is now basically a three hour bus ride to me.

Until I found this Forum (by accident!) a few weeks ago, I was completely unaware that there were "issues" going on in the background between FC/CC and management.

With a "no-frills" airline such as GSM, where control of fixed costs are critical, I suppose this is inevitable but I would like to say that as a regular fare paying pax I think you all do a great job!

I have noticed however that in the old days "thanks for flying flyglobespan" was mentioned in virtually every PA both by purser and FC. Nowadays GSM barely gets a mention over the PA and the Captains' surnames never seem the same, albeit perhaps I am just imaging this after reading the other GSM crew threads??

I still think you are a great airline. I have one suggestion though with regard to the Tax-Free trolley: For the last ten sectors, I have been wanting more fridge magnets and glow pens for the kids back home in Spain. But by the time I get out my belt & fish out my change the trolley has wizzed past! On reflection I am sure I am not the only pax who would be willing to buy more if the trolley glided up the aisle a tad more slowly.
Normally the face on the CC "driving" the trolley suggests he/she has nil chance of making a sale either. Perhaps that's why it goes so fast.....?? Bit of a catch 22 really.......