PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 4th Feb 2007, 12:15
IXNAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right and wrong, Kimosabe. I am in Dubai quite regulary (see those big jets outside of your operations) and most of my information is second hand regarding the actual working conditions. But from my understanding, there are a number of FORMER Singapore guys at EK. Is the Etihad package better? And as far as Jet Airways, it's brand new and from the posts on their sites, it doesn't seem to be a bed of roses either. Is the pay better at Jet-yes, off basing-perhaps. But I would say it is too early to say if it will be better. As far as those leaving, perhaps it's for one reason and one reason only (or maybe two) pay and European basing. Give it a year to see and see if their is job security. ATW reports that there is the beginnings of too much capacity in India. Time will tell.

But I can see why people are tired of the Dubai living after a time. Can the company mitigate that? Maybe some..........