PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2007, 09:56
Blinkz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recommend that you go straight to Dr Evans now. Although my story is slightly different to yours, in that I tried to get the CAA to accept just a lantern pass from Germany. They said no to this, as they have you since it was a different protocol. I kept on the pressure and wrote a number of letters to the Chief medical officer, this was a Dr Evans, but not the same Dr Evans that is currently head of the medical department. The Doctor I delt with is now head of ICAO medical department. After keeping the pressure on for the CAA to accept the lantern test (at this point I didn't have a medical at all) the CAA wrote back and said that they would accept a full medical from Germany and would convert it as usual. I hadn't actually mentioned doing this so it was them who suggested me to get a full class 1 else where.

Try actually writing to Dr Evans, mention that she had already said to you in a previous conversation that they would accept another medical. She will have to write back and so you will have proof of whatever she says. In my experience of Dr Evans (the current chief, lol getting abit confusing) she is very friendly and will do whatever she can to help.

As for Ireland, I asked them 4 years ago to accept my lantern test results but the AMC there said they would not, but I don't know if they would accept a full medical since I never asked that. Good luck!