PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - frustrated
Thread: frustrated
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2007, 08:29
Say Again, Over!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mofoho,

Let me add my CAN$0.02, if I may:

What I observed from you is not desireable in any trainee I would ever take on. Now, of course, I'm in Canada so you're safe. Worry not.

HD made a remark about your writing in SMS short hand. While you might think it's cool to write this way, you'll find that aviation professionals are rather proud of their communicating skills and shun such practice. Why? I don't know. I think it goes with professionalism. I and most people I know in this business like to show our best in everything we do. Besides, communicating is what I do for a living.

Evidence of our obsession will be seen throughout the PPRUNE forums in the form of intolerance of bad grammar, big words, avoidance of clichés, pride in one's translating skills, etc...

Is it right? Is it wrong? I have an opinion in the matter but most importantly, it is how the world you're so desperate to get into is. You might not like it but...

Not unnoticed by a lot of us, also, is how you ignored most ATCOs on this forum (or argued against their counsel) and instead chose to have a nice little rant with your fellow hopefuls. It is your right, of course. This is a public forum. But who would you rather have as your friend?

Good luck,

Felix