PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 16:09
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by keeperboy
But maybe you are shooting yourselves in the foot? Would it not be better for your cause, to set up the trolleys when it is safe to do so, just work efficiently yet calmly and if a third of the passengers don't get a drink and snack, TOUGH! Tell them to complain to BA and maybe then BA will change it if it isn't working. Ditto for your crew/Purser complements on the 777. Just an idea....
Thank you for the nice words keeperboy, it helps my mood to see that at least some of our colleagues appreciate our hard, but paid peanuts, work .
However the reason why we do not do what you have suggested (although it was a thought that was provoked a long time ago and that everyone more or less has had at least once since!) is that at the end of the day we always go the extra 1000 mile for our passengers. At the end of the day we fly for our passengers and for ourselves, and not for bloody BA believe it or not.

The best satisfaction of our job at LGW is to see people walking off feeling they have been looked after very well. Many people tell me they choose to fly from LGW for that specific reason and some of them are "regulars" who we all know!! Take that away and, since we do not have any satisfaction from the remuneration we get, I personally (and with me many others) would feel very down and would not think about it twice to change job.
I go to work to give my contribution to society and to feel useful, and doing things slowly only to show BA that we cannot possibly do it would simply make me feel useless.

The result is that we work very hard, rarely with any breaks but we really do not feel like making our passengers lose out on anything just because our airline has become complete and utter c and treats us like ignorant and easily replaceable people.