PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 13:15
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I look at it I was earning really good money and enjoying among the best t&c's in the industry BEFORE the strike was threatened (I am post '97 crew, LHR WW). Now they have just got better with an above inflation pay rise and extra increments to the basic salary to bring it closer to the old contract. The top of the tier basic for post '97 crew is now higher than the starting salary for Purser so it takes the pressure off needing promotion.

For you guys at LGW, I feel sorry for you. You guys, without a doubt, work the hardest in the company and for the smallest reward. That is wrong.

I couldn't believe it when I read on that BA 'discussion forum' that the extra increments for the post '97 salary scales did not apply to crew at LGW!! However, according to BASSA this was sorted out between the Tony Woodley and Willie Walsh and that LGW crew will now get the extra increments. And at least you guys will be in the NSP so have rights of transfer.

The thing that always amazes me with you guys at LGW (I guess it is thru a sense of pride more than anything) that when you get a bum deal - 3 crew on a 737, not enough crew on the 777 - you will still work your ar~es off to make it a success.

I flew to Geneva ex LGW and couldn't believe my eyes. 3 crew, trolleys were being sorted out seconds after the wheels had left the ground and the crew worked like maniacs to get the service done. But maybe you are shooting yourselves in the foot? Would it not be better for your cause, to set up the trolleys when it is safe to do so, just work efficiently yet calmly and if a third of the passengers don't get a drink and snack, TOUGH! Tell them to complain to BA and maybe then BA will change it if it isn't working. Ditto for your crew/Purser complements on the 777. Just an idea....