PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi-crew Pilots Licence (formerly: South African Airway's plan to get co-pilots)
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 13:05
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Flexible
If I have discovered one thing about aviation over many years, is that it sometimes lets you get away with taking shortcuts for indeterminite periods.
I could not agree more and found the same to be true in an unrelated field. If I have discovered one thing about telecommunications over many years, is that it sometimes lets you get away with taking shortcuts for indeterminate periods.

I recall the manager of a telephone system at financial firm in the City of London. Over the years, having a small amount of knowledge, he tinkered around with the system and it always worked. One day - he tinkered and the whole system was off the air for a day. No one died but they lost a lot of moeny and he was out on his ear. The cause and effect is the same.

As a pax who often travels to South Africa, this will affect my purchases in the future. The difficulty will be to know which carriers are using MPL. I shall have to rely on PPRuNe for that.