PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin UK - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 11:30
sukigirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I half agree with your comments majorspanner,
There is no need for them to be so akward about taking time of for your own wedding and honeymoon, As long as you can prove you are defo getting married (you'd be suprised what some crew will do to get guarenteed days of!) They say that you will have highest priority over any other seniority, however when I wanted the time of for my wedding they said the same, that they couldnt guarentee but it wasnt a problem when I spoke to the actual individual who is in charge of sorting out wedding leave. I think the csm's can sometimes enjoy being a bit difficult

However with regards to vswap, it was the best thing the company ever did. There is almost over 4000 cabin crew in the company and they cant possibly know who prefers what flight/days off etc.. Equally a lot of people use vswap to change their flight on the same day eg. bom for ewr, its not all about days of. I think it was a very positive move for us.

I couldnt comment on the bgi hotel as I hadnt actually heard of any incidents happening there, when I stayed there there were locks on all doors, every hotel has locking doors, do you mean there was no chain or deadbolt?however if that is the case it definately needs to be addressed.