PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi/BMed (Crew thread)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 08:18
PSYCOBFH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I heard, the BMI guys may not get it all their own way..... BMI has what? 350 pilots and BMed 150, so there is not an overwhelming majority.
I had heard that BMed would be get as a separate company (like regional & baby), and that the A330's would transfer to BMed by the end of the year to be flown by BMed pilots - it's just another way of reducing costs, and it also gives BMI an excuse to end B scales. Any extra 330's could be used non-stop on routes like Almaty, Tehran, Khartoum etc
The BMed guys can't all be demoted because of TUPE. Maybe BMI crews will be able to transfer into BMed when vacancies arise.
It is more likely that BMI will just use BMed as a way of keeping costs down whilst they expand their long haul operation.
BMed do not have any more aircraft on order, the current 320/321 orders are BA order slots.
I think that the BMed guys have a lot to look forward to - secure jobs, A330's to fly and very little change to their current rosters and T's & C's(i think that their pensions are better too). So for BMed, the futures bright, the futures blue.