PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Helo down near Baghdad
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2007, 02:00
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
It is so easy to hear of another aircraft being downed and forgetting the reality of what that means for the family and friends of those lost. Unless it happens to someone within our own circle of people, these losses are just another number of the great tally board of war.

There is nothing more precious to a Father than his daughter. Our society tells us men folk are to be the warriors and protectors of our family but nowadays we also send our daughters off to war along with our sons.

I know losing a child to war is a terrible thing but to lose a daughter must be especially hard. One such loss has stayed with me for years. If I had been her Father, I do not know how I could have endured that loss.

Captain Kimberly Hampton who was lost in action while flying a Kiowa Helicopter over Fallujah during combat operations, stands out as an example of how evil the wages of war can be. She is but one of thousands of others that have been lost and each are just as precious to their family as Hampton is, but her loss really hit me where it hurts.

http://www.brandonblog.com/capt-kimb...pton-hero.html