PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joysticks and laptops
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2000, 16:04
WX Man

Thumbs down

OK, my experience with joysticks and laptops...

Bought a laptop earlier this year courtesy of Endsleigh Insurance Ltd, and two gentlemen who decided to burgle me in October last year.

Bought a Pico computer (Pico subsequently went under) ( ) with it a JMC designs Gamecard Pro. Plugs into a PCMCIA socket and gives you a Joystick port.

Didn't work, sent it back... Pico went under and never gave me my money back, but I eventually recovered the product from the receivers. Anwyway, that's beside the point.

So when I was in America ealier this year I bought a Logitech Wingman Force Feedback Pro USB, works fine.

However I have a critisicm of the joystick- unless you're using it with something that is force feedback enabled, it won't be very good! I use it with Jeppesen's Flight Pro, and this is not force feedback enabled. Hence the joystick is crap for this.

However with FS98 and European Air War (comes with the joystick), it's really quite good. It's easy to configure too.

I am looking to buy a Sidewinder USB to use with Flight Pro though, alternatively I may get a USB yoke and throttle.

[This message has been edited by WX Man (edited 02 July 2000).]