PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue crew oh so cool..
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 23:31
maxgrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydrant,
I am not in the airline industry, I choose, yes choose GA for the work I do and the lifestyle that goes with it.
I don't walk through terminals at all, let alone dressed or indeed undressed!
My statement prior is a message to the person about nit picking, do you know the full facts of why these two drivers walked with sunnies and any other item through a terminal? I certainly don't! They may have reason to do so, then again they may be complete and utter tossers!
My statement says in a nut shell....WHO CARES, this is two individuals in one situation.
You one the other hand have just lobbed all Australian pilots' in one basket with your assumptions. I had a flight on VB some weeks ago, my first on that carrier. The FO who was to fly the return leg sat in the seat beside me, during our short discussion he was, polite, professional and very matter of fact about the industry, his job and his employer. He was not wearing sunnies on his head,(and yes it was night, bloody redeye flights), nor any other symbol of his job.
You may have gone to a part of the world where you are happy and by your attitude you feel better than us still here in Australia, fine, if that is your attitude to the people or the industry here, great! Just think though, you might be wrong.
(must admit though that you wear a uniform and be proud of it, don't reduce the position in others eyes by acting in a manner that degrades the uniform or your position.)
I choose not to work my arse off for little pay and accept the VB deal, thats my choice, others have chosen to do the opposite. Who's right? NFI