PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor Question
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 23:17
Rick in Dixie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It appears that a lot of you speaking only of what you have heard about Tourrets , and not of what you know for fact. The fact is that only a percentage of people with this condition have verbal ticks ,and a percentage of them also have muscular ticks that totally disable them , but I on the other hand have only a mild head movement that is hardly noticable , and as far as the Meds, some do work but they come with a price , and that is not being able to function at anything other than holding down the couch . Yes the fishing is good in Dixie but on if you on Perihadinol , you can't even fish worth a damn. I've not taken any meds since Junior High School so that would not be an issue. In select enviroments I have a good element of control of my condition, so meds are not nessesary. Now let me rephrase myself on not needing instruction , what I was refering to is not having to cram day and night in the books , just a read through to refresh what I've alread learned . I for one know that hands on flying is not a walk in the park , its a skill learned over a long period of time and even a professional pilot can get killed in the same amont of time it takes for the engine to spool up. Take Nascar Driver Davy Allison for example, he had been flying for almost a year when he experienced "Settleing With Power" while trying to land in between two large buildings at Talldaga Speedway . Even with his experience, he was unable to save his own life . I know this will be a long row to hoe for me at 46 years old , but in my heart its worth it. I just wanted some opinions and I guess I got some , as to some of the comments , it takes a whole lot more than that to hurt my feelings and in no way will turn me away from pursueing this . Thanks