PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia IV
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 21:22
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedbird...

The part that I thought was interesting was that APA is happy with the current management.

However as the article said we ALREADY have Darth and Co so why do we need the new owners and their debt level?

Banks and Equity funds do not buy a company because they want to play with planes ,they do it because they can see a profit in it.

The only question is HOW?

The fact that the company will be de registered gives us a clue.
You only have to look at how Mac bank runs Sydney airport and the increased charges to have an idea of what they are thinking.

The article also points out that equity groups focus on company's that are poorly run and losing money.the takeover group comes in with a broom and revitalises it .They then set about making a good turn over and then sell it for a huge profit compared to the investment .

The only flaw with this is that QF is not making a loss and in fact is making a huge profit.BA was rapt when they made around $1,3 billion but we are making close to that with a lot smaller fleet.

These are some of the points that I believe that a public hearing should be asked as well as why the board is entitled to anything let alone 160 million just to say YES.The board is paid well enough and some would say excessively already and I don't see why they are entitled to anything more than their normal packages.

I have rung my local Federal rep and after 3 weeks has not returned my call.

This is without a doubt the most momentus event in our careers and some who post here don't have anything to say.

This is like rotting fish at low tide ,it smells !