PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Philippine Airlines
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2007, 18:14
no chicken only beef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
answers

And Come On - is a Grooming and Decorum Course more vital than being Competent in Safety and Service procedures? 1niteinbkk

1niteinbkk
- Joining the ranks of the cabin crew world requires a wholistic approach in all the aspects of training.

YES-Grooming and decorum training is important-if a crew member is well groomed and professional looking, passengers respect you more and will see you as an authority figure in case an emergency happens. I know this because I am an INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT ATTENDANT-kung mukhang kang katulong sa eroplano, walang gagalang at maniniwala sa iyo! (if you look like a maid, passengers will treat you like one)trust me. If we wanted unkept and uncout looking crew then we should just hire them from the streets! A Grooming and decorum course is important!

-just because crew are well groomed, it dosent mean that the safety and emergency aspect was neglected. Safety and emergency procedure is still the most important aspect of cabin crew training. It should be a wholistic training program-remember as cabin crew you not only carry the name of your airline, you also carry the name of your country. As cabin crew we make the 1st impression on visitors.
5J: they've gone a long way since started flying those smoke-belching DC9's and their crew modelling the latest styles of local designers every month.” 1niteinbkk
-

1niteinbkk-I know a lot of crew who work for 5J-they hate the fact that they have to continuously change uniforms-what makes it worst is all the horrible and unpractical designs that management comes up for them, the crew are never consulted. And what local designers are you talking about-just because Rajo Laurel designs ball gowns for local debutants dosen’t make him an expert in designing cabin crew uniforms-it takes a lot of research into industrial branding and recognition, safety requirments such as the use of fire retardant fabrics etc.....that MR LAurel or cebu pac management obviously did not do-honey! it ain’t pretty to wear a skirt that looks like a table cloth,its just ugly, ugly ugly.
I have inside information from Cebu pacific cabin crew that the reason why upper management keep choosing such horrible styles, cheap materials and bad tailoring is because the head of the cabin crew department Miss TM, Miss PA and MR TJ want to suck up to MR Lance, so their brilliant plan is “slash the cost of making
decent uniforms, thus save money to please Mr. Gokongwei”, so its not about “because we’re fun” its because “look at us and laugh, we’re cheap and boring”.

The latest uniform rolling out this feb or march-
bench polo shirts in neon orange with hot yellow accents, (super thin quality daw)
hot yellow garrison belts,
skorts(yes I mean skorts a combination of skirt and shorts,how 80’s )for the girls
khaki pants for the boys,
baby doll shoes for the girls in brown
white canvas shoes for the boys.

Can I just say to the cebu pac FA-" excuse me ate, do you this in a size six|?"

I understand that 5J is low cost and its concept is fun, but this is too tongue and cheek, its insulting -a very antiquated notion of what a quality low cost carrier should be-look at Air Asia and Jet blue now that’s fun but still professional and smart. (the cebu pacific crew wrote a petition against the new uniform which the bosses just ignored)

Aiskilus
YES- they will take you even if you are just a high school graduate, as long as you exhibit exceptional English communication skills, exceptional Physical appearance and GROOMING!.

NO-you will not be rostered for international flights, you will as junior cabin crew start in domestic for a couple of years, being upgraded to international will depend on seniority and the operational requirements for international-meaning if they need more people in international then the first person to go up will be the most senior domestic cabin crew, as we speak there are hundreds of seniors waiting to be upgraded to international, so if you join PAL anytime soon-you’ll be super junior. I stayed in domestic for 5 years.

Cathay Pacific-does not hire Filipinos anymore, the last time they hired in the Philippines was in 1997(females only). Only Hong Kong permanent residents are eligible. And if you are a resident. You have to speak either Cantonese, Mandarin and Fukian fluently

V
irgin Atlantic-does not hire none British and none EU citizens, they don’t even fly to Manila, so it’s impossible for them to hire Filipino’s.

Need anymore info?

ncob

Last edited by no chicken only beef; 2nd Feb 2007 at 18:36.